August 24, 2016
Culinary Lavender in Summer Dessert!
Lavender Grilled Nectarines with Whipped Yogurt
4 ripe nectarines, halved, pits removed 2 tablespoons butter 2 tablespoons brown sugar 1/2 cup lavender simple syrup (recipe and Culinary Lavender below) 4 basil leaves 1 spring of fresh mint 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/4 cup plain yogurt Cut nectarines in half (peaches work great too) and place in foil with dots of butter on the bottom. Sprinkle with brown sugar, half of the simple syrup, chopped basil and mint. Fold foil into an envelope and place on a medium hot grill, 2 minutes on each side. Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the rest of simple syrup and yogurt and whip to combine. Place a large spoonful of cream/yogurt mixture on plate and top with grilled nectarines. You can top with roasted nuts or any garnish you like. I drizzled mine with pomegranate syrup. Enjoy! Serves 3 Lavender Simple Syrup 1 cup sugar 1 cup water 1/4 cup Frolicking Deer Culinary Lavender Combine sugar, water, and lavender in a saucepan under medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool completely. Strain and store in an airtight jar. Add to iced tea or lemonade for a refreshing summer beverage.Culinary Lavender $10.99/$9.99
- Another great product from Frolicking Deer Lavender Farms.
- Lavender has a sweet floral flavor with lemon and citrus notes.
- Simmer with sugar and water to create a lavender syrup.
- Lavender syrup can be used to create a signature cocktail or ice cream.
- Can be used to replace rosemary in many baked goods.
- The secret is that a little lavender goes a long way.
- This herb will add a unique twist to your culinary innovation.
- The Culinary Lavender comes in a 1.75 oz. bottle.