The Native American Zia symbol, printed in a distressed style for that worn in look.
Unisex shirts available in S, M, L, XL, XXL, and new XXXL sizes. Hand Silk Screened on 100% Cotton Unisex Canvas Brand T-shirt. Unisex shirts are slightly fitted and compare favorably to American Apparel in cut quality.
The Zia regard the Sun as a sacred symbol. Their symbol, a red circle with groups of rays pointing in four directions, is painted on ceremonial vases, drawn on the ground around campfires, and used to introduce newborns to the Sun. Four is the sacred number of the Zia and can be found repeated in the four points radiating from the circle. The number four is embodied in:
- the four points of the compass (north, south, east and west);
- the four seasons of the year (spring, summer, autumn and winter);
- the four periods of each day (morning, noon, evening and night);
- the four seasons of life (childhood, youth, middle years and old age); and
- the four sacred obligations one must develop (a strong body, a clear mind, a pure spirit, and a devotion to the welfare of others), according to Zia belief.