How about these gorgeous Copper Sconces! Made by a small staff of craftsmen In Southern New Mexico. Brighten your indoor or outdoor décor with these wonderful Copper Sconces. 100% copper means no upkeep or cleaning. The uniqueness and quality of each Copper Sconce is breath taking. Solid copper with no foil added like our competitors. Each Copper Sconce is roughly 13" high x 8" wide x 6" deep. From Made in New Mexico. Ships Next Business Day. Satisfaction Guaranteed.
The Zia regard the Sun as a sacred symbol. Their symbol, a red circle with groups of rays pointing in four directions, is painted on ceremonial vases, drawn on the ground around campfires, and used to introduce newborns to the Sun. Four is the sacred number of the Zia and can be found repeated in the four points radiating from the circle. The number four is embodied in:
- the four points of the compass (north, south, east and west);
- the four seasons of the year (spring, summer, autumn and winter);
- the four periods of each day (morning, noon, evening and night);
- the four seasons of life (childhood, youth, middle years and old age); and
- the four sacred obligations one must develop (a strong body, a clear mind, a pure spirit, and a devotion to the welfare of others), according to Zia belief.